Our services

At Shine we provide a number of Energy and Property services, all of them carried out by fully qualified and experienced technicians producing comprehensive reports and certificates for property buyers, sellers, landlords and estate agents alike.

A ring back to order any of our services can be requested on the Contact us page.

Details of our available services can be viewed below.

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

An Energy Performance Certificate is required for both Sale and Rental properties and must be produced by a qualified and accredited Energy Assessor.

Since the 6th April 2012 for sales of domestic properties, an EPC must be available or have been commissioned before the property is put on the market and a person marketing on the sellers behalf (e.g. an estate agent) must be satisfied that this has happened before they start marketing.

Sellers and landlords are responsible for providing EPCs to prospective buyers and tenants, an EPC must be made available free of charge to prospective buyers and tenants. The current rules provide that the EPC must be made available at the earliest opportunity and in any event before entering into a contract to sell or rent the building.

What is an EPC?

The EPC provides details of the properties current energy efficiency and environmental impact on a scale of A to G. The EPC also offers an idea of the properties energy efficiency and environmental potential. This potential is based on recommendations within the report and is specific and individual to the property in question.

At Shine we will not only produce an accurate and reliable EPC, but once the survey is complete the assessor will clearly explain his/her findings, answer any questions you may have and provide guidance on interpreting EPC's. This guidance will hopefully save you money on future energy bills and in doing so reduce your carbon footprint.

To order your EPC just click here and we will be in touch shortly to arrange the assessors visit - it's as easy as that!

Click image to enlarge

back to top

Non Domestic EPC  -- Commercial --
and Display Energy Certificate (DEC)


From 1st October 2008, all non-domestic buildings on construction, sale and rent require a Non-Domestic Energy Performance Certificate (NDEPC) and a Recommendation Report (RR). This information will help owners and occupiers make their building more energy efficient and allow potential buyers and tenants to compare the energy performance of different buildings.

Additionally all larger public buildings will require an annual Display Energy Certificate (DEC) highlighting their energy performance. This is to be displayed prominently in a place visible to the public. These buildings will also require an Advisory Report (AR) providing recommendations for energy improvements each seven years.

We can supply all of these reports no matter how large or small the property and will happily give you a call to discuss your requirements, alternatively please use our simple online quote tool to get an idea of cost and arrange a call back here

 back to top

Landlord Gas Safety checks (CP12) - £60 with No VAT!

Landlords should be aware, you’re legally required to have all gas appliances in the properties you let checked every 12 months and to hold a gas safety certificate (CP12).

We can make the whole process much simpler for you with our standalone gas boiler safety certificate (CP12) at just £60 – No VAT!

Same day Certificate, work carried out by Gas Safe Registered Engineers - 518231. Also available – Full gas boiler service £75 – No VAT! – Central heating maintenance, upgrades and full installs – Prices available upon request.


back to top

Floor plans

Shine also offer floor plans, these professionally constructed documents are currently used by estate agents across Bristol and are an invaluable tool in the marketing of your property.

It is becoming more and more popular to sell your property on the internet and at Shine we can make this whole process a bit easier by providing you with both a floor plan and Energy Performance Certificate in one hit.

Using the latest software we offer estate agent quality plans with fast, reliable service and all at a very affordable price. For more information just request a call back and we will be in touch to discuss your requirements.

Click image to enlarge

back to top

Home Condition Report (HCR)
A Home Condition Report must be produced by a certified Home Inspector; it contains information about the physical condition of a property, which sellers, buyers and lenders will be able to rely on legally as an accurate report.

It is similar to a Homebuyer Survey and can let the seller and buyer be aware of any works or repairs that are needed to the property.

The HCR reduces the chance of any “nasty surprises” later in the buying process and in doing so reduces the risk of abortive sales.

back to top

Exclusive Renewable Energy Offer for Shine Customers

Bristol based Gem Solar have kindly agreed to offer Shine customers a discount across their broad range of renewable energy solutions including solar panels (photovoltaic), solar water heating, heat pumps, and biomass boilers.

Upon installation of their services they have also kindly agreed to refund the full cost of your EPC!

For a complete list of their renewable energy solutions go to their website or call them on 0845 338 6227 or 01761 470252 be sure to mention Shine when you do!

back to top


Contact us